Welcome to my unbiased Hodo Global Review!
Chances are someone approached you on social media or in person about this company and now you want to make sure this company is actually legit…
The good news you are doing your research instead of just jumping into this…
You know how crappy it can be when you jump into a scam without knowing it…
In this blog post, I am going to walk you through the company, products and compensation plan so you can make the right decision…
Find out of this is legit or a scam
Hodo Global Reviews – The Company
Hodo Global is a travel MLM based and operated out of Texas.
Spearheaded by CEO John Hammack, Hodo Global’s address listed on its website belongs to a company called BhipGlobal, which is owned by Terry Lacore.
Lacore, first known as the co-founder of the MLM Rippln, experienced disaster with Rippln when it collapsed just 9 short months after it started.
Before starting Rippln, Lacore was party to an SEC investigation into securities fraud in 2008.
Following the investigation, Lacore settled and agreed to pay the $50,000 fine.
Now back to the CEO of Hodo Global, John Hammack.
Cited as the co-founder of Hodo Global on his LinkedIn profile, Hammack and his wife distinguished themselves in the MLM industry with a company founded in late 2006, known as Ambit Energy.
Hammack continues to appear on affiliate training calls for Ambit Energy, as recently as mid-June 2016.
If you check out Hammack’s Facebook profile, you can see that he listed his start date at Hodo Global as the day after his last Ambit Energy affiliate call.
Hodo Global Review – Product Line
Hodo Global’s first offered product is a subscription membership to TripSpin.
TripSpin provides exclusively negotiated pricing and guaranteed savings on a variety of trips, vacations and more.
Accessible through an app known as Hodo Connect, subscribers have access to TripSpin Rewards.
These rewards can be used for FREE products, vacations, trips and more.
TripSpin is retailed at $308, followed by a monthly cost of $88.88, with the exception of Malaysia, Mexico, the Philippines and Thailand where it is followed by a monthly cost of only $48.88.
Hodo Global Compensation Plan
As with most MLM companies, Hodo Global features a compensation plan that pays its affiliates to market, promote and sell TripSpin subscriptions.
Direct commissions are offered with residual commissions that are paid out through a binary compensation configuration.
Affiliate Ranks Within Hodo Global
- 1 Star – maintain two TripSpin subscription sales (1 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $200 in weekly binary commissions
- 2 Star – maintain four TripSpin subscription sales (at least 1 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $400 in weekly binary commissions
- 3 Star – maintain six TripSpin subscription sales (at least 2 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $600 in weekly binary commissions
- 4 Star – maintain eight TripSpin subscription sales (at least 2 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $1200 in weekly binary commissions
- 5 Star – maintain ten TripSpin subscription sales (at least 3 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $2400 in weekly binary commissions
- 6 Star – maintain ten TripSpin subscription sales (at least 3 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $4800 in weekly binary commissions
- 7 Star – maintain ten TripSpin subscription sales (at least 3 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $7200 in weekly binary commissions
- Ambassador – maintain twelve TripSpin subscription sales (at least 4 on either side of the binary team) and have earned at least $9600 in weekly binary commissions
Affiliates with Hodo Global are also required to sustain rolling 6 month TripSpin qualification criteria, which are as follows:
- 1 Star – 2000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 6000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- 2 Star – 4000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 12,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- 3 Star – 6000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 18,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- 4 Star – 8000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 24,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- 5 Star – 10,000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 30,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- 6 Star – 12,000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 36,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- 7 Star – 14,000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 42,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
- Ambassador – 25,000 personal TripSpin Rewards points or 75,000 downline TripSpin Rewards points
Once an affiliate reaches a new rank, there is a 6 month TripSpin Rewards qualification grace period.
Retail Commission Qualification
For a Hodo Global affiliate to qualify for retail commissions, they must:
- Either purchase a TripSin subscription or sell at least one subscription to a retail customer within 4 weeks of joining or
- Generate 500 BV
Once a Hodo Global affiliate qualifies, they will maintain the retail commission qualification by producing a minimum of 50 or 25 BV a month.
Minimum BV is based on the affiliate’s monthly TripSpin subscription fee.
MLM Commission Qualification
Hodo Global affiliates qualify for MLM commissions by doing the following:
- Sell at least two TripSin subscriptions (one on either side of the binary) and
- Generate at least 1000 TripSpin Rewards points every six months (six month grace period)
The first retail commission earned by Hodo Global affiliates is allotted to the first retail commission qualified affiliate in their up-line.
Hodo Global affiliates will in turn receive retail commissions passed up from recruited affiliates in their downline.
The starting pass-up retail sales commission is $15, followed by $4/$2 a month.
Subsequent affiliate TripSpin retail sales commission rates are determined by the following:
- One retail subscription sale = $15 and then $4 or $2 a month
- Two to five subscription sales = $30 and then $8 or $4 a month
- Six to ten subscription sales = $60 and then $16 or $8 a month
- Eleven or more subscription sales = $100 and then $20 or $12 a month
I’m Qualified Bonus Pool
Affiliates can also benefit from the “I’m Qualified Bonus Pool” which consists of $30 from every TripSpin subscription that is sold each week.
If a Hodo Global affiliate qualifies for MLM commissions within 30 days of signing as a Hodo Global affiliate, they can earn a spot in the I’m Qualified Bonus Pool.
Matching bonuses are also available on I’m Qualified Bonus Pool payouts that are paid to the first up-line affiliate that is ranked 3 Star and has also has qualified for a share in the pool.
Hodo Global affiliates receive a $20 override that is paid out on each TripSpin subscription sale.
- 4 Star ranked affiliates are paid $5
- 5 Star ranked affiliates are paid $9
- 6 Star ranked affiliates are paid $12
- 7 Star ranked affiliates are paid $14
- Ambassador ranked affiliates are paid $20
As TripSpin subscription sales are made, the Hodo Global system searches through the up-line for an affiliate that is ranked 4 Star or higher.
Corresponding Differential Override payments are made according the rank of the up-line affiliate, with 4 Star affiliates being paid $5, 6 Star affiliates paid $12, etc.
If the first affiliate found by the system is below the Ambassador rank, the corresponding payment is made and the system then searches for a higher ranked affiliate to disburse the remaining
For example, if the first affiliate found is a 6 Star rank, the system will pay them $12, with $8 still needing to be paid out.
The system will then continue to seek a 7 Star or Ambassador ranked affiliate in the up-line.
Should a 7 Star affiliate be found, they will receive a payment of $2 and the system moves on in search of an Ambassador affiliate for the remaining $6 payment.
Once an Ambassador affiliate is found, they receive the remaining $8 and the system will stop its search.
Hodo Global residual commissions are paid out through a binary compensation structure.
A binary structure works by placing an affiliate at the top of a binary team, with a split into a left and right side.
A binary team second level is created by splitting the initial two positions into another left and right side for each respective member.
New Hodo Global affiliates fill these binary team positions as they are directly and indirectly recruited.
Binary levels of each team are created as they are required, and in theory can continue to extend to an infinite depth.
Hodo Global tracks weekly generated BV on both sides of the binary team, which is as follows:
- TripSpin subscription sale = 250 BV
- $88.88 monthly subscription fee = 50 BV
- $48.88 subscription fee = 25 BV
When the binary team matches 500 BV on both sides, a $50 commission is paid out.
There is a weekly cap of $30,000 which applies to each Hodo Global affiliate status within the compensation plan.
A 10% matching bonus can be earned by Hodo Global affiliates on binary commissions that are earned by their downline and paid out through a maximum of 5 recruitment levels down, the matching bonus is paid out as follows:
- 1 Star – 10% on level 1 (Personally recruited affiliates)
- 2 and 3 Star – 10% on levels 1 and 2
- 4 and 5 Star – 10% on levels 1 to 3
- 6 and 7 Star – 10% on levels 1 to 4
- Ambassador – 10% on levels 1 to 5
A weekly commission, known as The Lifestyle Bonus, is paid to affiliates that are ranked 1 Star or higher.
- 1 Star – $150 a week
- 2 Star – $350 a week
- 3 Star – $700 a week
- 4 Star – $800 a week
- 5 Star – $850 a week
- 6 Star – $900 a week
- 7 Star – $950 a week
- Ambassador – $1000 a week
Joining Hodo Global
To join Hodo Global, there is an affiliate membership fee of $88.
There is an additional monthly fee of $9.88 which is payable after the first 12 months of Hodo Global affiliate membership.
Hodo Global Review – The Conclusion
Overall, the company is good…
The only thing I noticed with 99% of the Travel MLM’s is that they are never successful.
There are a few that get by…
That is my main concern here.
Another thing is, for people that just want travel discounts, people are not willing to pay $1285.68 per year on TripSpin to get them…
It’s a bit steep unless you travel a ton and it’s worth it for you.
For that reason, I would proceed with caution with this one…
Like I said earlier, not many travel based MLM companies make it past a year.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my Hodo Global Review and if you have any questions, leave them in the comments below 🙂
What Do You Recommend Jesse?
If you don’t this already, I have reviews HUNDREDS of companies on this blog alone…
Some good, some okay and some total scams…
Out of the hundreds I reviews, I decided to partner up with just ONE.
It is the only business where a total newbie can get started, follow the simple step by step training and start profiting.
You even get your very own one on one coach in the system that will guide you very step of the way!
How cool is that?
Just take a look at my 8 week results:
I am not the only one, look at some of my team members:
Well you get it…
It flat out works!
You will thank me later 🙂
Follow me on Social media below (I am a real person :)):
See you at the top,